ERROL STREET CHIROPRACTOR MELBOURNE
BEST CHIROPRACTOR MELBOURNE
We assess the spinal function and alignment of the people who attend out practice and work out a spinal care plan that matches their goals as well as taking care of the initial problem they have come in with. Our thorough assessment allows us to tailor the care that each person requires. Whether people are after pain relief or spinal corrective care with Chiropractic BioPhysics, we listen to our people's need and give them the best care possible.
Our remedial massage service is a great addition to our team and assists our people in moving towards their goals. We use Chiropractic BioPhysics and traditional chiropractic care to analyse and improve spinal alignment. Our chiropractors have over 30 years of experience and are dedicated to giving outstanding care and getting excellent results.
Our Chiropractic Services In Melbourne
Our Chiro Blog
Want to learn more about your health? Our blog articles can help you improve your lifestyle choices, how you move, how you think and how you eat, in a practical and fun way.
Meet our Melbourne Chiropractors
Dr Lisa Smycz
Dr. Brittany Delves
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How well the spine if moving (functioning). A well functioning spine allows you to move your spine optimally and perform daily tasks and exercise at your best. Chiropractic is vital to detect any spinal joints that are restricted, or ‘subluxated’ and improve the function of the joint. We do this with gentle adjustments to the spinal joints, taking into consideration the age, level of development and health history of the individual.
2. How well is the spine aligned (structure). The health of your spinal curves is reflected in your posture. We access posture using Posture Screen Analysis®. We detect any spinal curve changes that are away from the ideal (utilising Chiropractic BioPhysics protocols) and then help to restore normal spinal alignment with a multimodal rehabilitation system. This includes mirror image adjusting®, mirror image neuromuscular rehabilitation exercises and traction.
This combination of assessing the spinal movement at the facet joint level AND assessing the overall alignment and posture allows us to get great results. We often get the ‘hard cases’, people that have seen other practitioners, and then discover the Chiropractic BioPhysics protocol that focuses on structure and function.
We take pride in our level of care. We strive to enhance people’s understanding of what their body needs to function at a higher level and work closely with people to reduce the stressors and strains on their body to get the best results, in the shortest possible time.
Some come in for pain reduction. We see people with:
- Shoulder tension
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Arm pain
- Leg pain
- Mothers dealing with young children
- Athletes looking for the extra edge in their sports performance
- Office workers & business owners
- Retirees wishing to stay active for as long as possible
- Difficult or long births may cause undue stress on the neck of a baby
- Baby has trouble turning their head one way
- Plagiocephaly (flat spot on the skull)
- Unsettled baby
- Falls as babies and children
- Scoliosis screening
- Learning delays
- Uneven crawling pattern
The sciatic nerve starts in the lower back and goes down the back of the leg to the foot. In fact, it is the longest nerve in the body and hence, when it is irritated, it can give you severe pain.
Here is a list of some the symptoms that people may be experiencing with sciatica:
- sharp, shooting pain down the back of the leg
- pins and needles down the thighs and leg
- numbness in the leg or foot
- weakness in leg muscles
- burning, prickling sensations
- sharp pain in low back and leg
1. Often where leg pain is worse than the low back pain then disc involvement may be the cause.
- Disc disease. When disc damage, such as disc bulging, disc herniation or sequestration occurs, this can place direct pressure on the nerves exiting the spine and cause sciatica
- Disc degeneration. In these cases the narrowed disc, with associated degenerative spur development can cause pressure on the nerves or inflame the nerves, leading to sciatica.
2. When low back pain is present and leg pain is more painful and there are less sensations such ‘pins and needles’ and numbness then the problem may be due to altered spinal/pelvic joint function.
- Postures to avoid
- A stretch to help relieve the symptoms
- Mindful meditation
Scoliosis is a condition that involves the unwanted curvature of the straight spine when looking at the spine from front to back. It usually begins formation during adolescence and is more common in females than males. As we age, the condition can lead to severe and ongoing back pain if it is left untreated.
While scoliosis is not always painful, it can eventually lead to pain. Here are a few indicators that scoliosis may be present:
- One leg seems to be longer than the other
- Pain in the lower back
- Discomfort in standing for long periods of time
- Crooked shoulders
- A visible curve in the spine
- Uneven hips
Adults suffer from scoliosis too and are often present because their childhood scoliosis has not been corrected.
The prevalence of Scoliosis increases with age....
- 0.3% – 0.5% in children
- 2% – 4% above the age of 18 years
- 9% in over 40 year olds
- 30%+ in over 60 year olds
- 50%+ in over 90 year olds
At Errol Street Chiropractic our chiropractors are trained to detect scoliosis in children and adults. We understand which cases need referring out and which cases we can help with Chiropractic BioPhysics. Our goal is to get the best outcome for our patients.
Massage works on the muscles, ligaments and fascia of the body. Stress and strain on these structures can occur via a number of things including:
- Exercise and sports injuries
- Poor, sustained posture in front of the computer, phone and other handheld devices
- Pregnancy, especially as the mother approaches the 3rd-trimester Remedial massage helps to ease the tension in muscles and ligaments around the spine and extremities, helping the body to move with greater ease and helping you to get back to doing the things that you love.
Therapeutic massage uses a blend of soft and deep tissue massage to ease your pain.
Soft tissue massage uses a series of strokes of different pressure and length, with the therapists' hands gliding across the body, gently kneading and stretching the muscles.
Both forms of massage are excellent for helping sports or long term injuries.
However along the way things can happen to affect the spine of children. The birth process is one way that can cause undue stress to the neck and spine of a baby and if not corrected can lead to problems later as that baby grows.
Here are some causes of spinal stress in babies:
- Long and difficult birth
- Breech baby
- Posterior baby
- Cesarean birth
- Vacuum/ forceps extraction
- Stiff necks
- Back pain
- Poor posture
- Lack of coordination
- History of falls of change tablets, bed, play equipment
- Sitting in a ‘W’ position with their legs
- Walking on tippy toes
- Bed wetting into primary school age
- Able to read words, but struggle reading sentences
- Recurrent infections, especially ear infections
We understand that children are not just small adults. Their spines are different from ours and they have special needs as they go through different stages of growth and development. We do not use all the same assessments or treatments techniques on children as we do on adults.
Not only do they have a habit of growing, but children also have a habit of falling too. Adults, as well as children, need a healthy spine. As it is important to have regular dental check-ups to keep teeth and gums healthy, children need regular spinal check-ups too.
CONTACT ERROL STREET CHIRO
We are members of.....