Great way to Loosen Tight Neck
This can help your Neck Curve : The Pro-lordotic Neck Exerciser
One of the common complaints we get in our chiropractic office is neck pain and stiffness. We have a great way to help loosen a tight neck. The device we are sharing with you in this blog is called a Pro-lordotic neck exerciser.
What does Pro-lordotic mean?
The word lordosis means a forward curve and in our neck we should have a forward curve measuring at 40 degrees. The prefix ‘pro’ means ‘for’, so the word pro-lordotic basically means to encourage more curve.
Can everyone use this Pro-lordotic Neck exerciser?
If you have a reduced neck curve (lordosis) then it is best to ask a certified Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) doctor and find out if you can use it. A CBP doctor will usually prescribe this device to use before getting on a home traction orthotic, called a Cervical Denneroll. It not only helps with the curve loss but helps to loosen the tight neck.
What are the benefits of using a Pro-lordotic exerciser?
This exerciser helps to encourage the neck to be in a more lordotic (forward curved) position while using it. It really benefits the muscles in the neck by stretching and warming them up and hence relaxing the neck before getting on the Cervical Denneroll.
Tips when using this neck exerciser
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart
- Gently bring low back and belly button closer to engage the core
- Place band behind neck
- Band to sit in the small of the neck
- Hold onto the handles of the exerciser so fists are facing forward
- As you push arms forward gently bring head back to feel stretch in mid neck
- Arms pushing up around 30-45 degrees
- Hold for one second
- Repeat this action for 30 seconds only
Warming: do adhere to using the neck exercise for 30 seconds at a time. You can repeat this 2-3 times a day.
When to use the Pro-lordotic Neck exerciser?
- Before getting onto the Cervical Denneroll
- After sitting at the desk for a prolonged period of time
- When neck feels stiff
If using this exercise aggravates the neck, please use your common sense to stop and let your practitioner know.
Any questions on the above or if you would like to know if we have any in stock then give us a call on 9329 1118.