Sugar & Gluten FREE Banana Muffins
ENJOY, Sugar and Gluten free banana muffins
Even my husband ate them happily and knew no difference, so that is the ultimate test. The sweetener I use in this sugar and gluten free banana recipe is monk fruit sweetener. It’s the closest sweetener I have come across so far.
- 3 large or 4 small very ripe bananas (MUST be ripe) mashed
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 100 g melted butter (can use coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 2 teaspoons of aluminium free baking powder (I use 1 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar & 1/2 teaspoon of bicarb of soda)3 large or 4 small eggs
Optional choc chips or blueberries (half a cup) to these sugar and gluten free banana muffins.
- Heat up oven to 180 degrees
- Mix the dry ingredients together well and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Place into muffin tins and back about 30minutes.
If the mixture is too wet, try adding a tablespoon of tapioca flour. Conversely, if the mixture is too dry, you may add a tablespoon of oat/almond milk. This recipe is simple to make and there is no mixer needed, just a bowl. It is easy enough for children to try and for the whole family to enjoy. They will last 2-3 days out of the fridge in cool weather, or up to a week in the fridge. They often don’t last more than 3 days in my family.