Sit/Stand DESK options – Need Help?
If you are looking for a sit stand desk either for work, home or business and you are not sure what you should be looking for or what the options are, then we can help.
Dr. Lisa Smycz, chiropractor from Errol Street Chiropractic Centre in North Melbourne visits Ash Fraser from Sit and Stands Desks.
Ash walks us through the two main options:
- Sit/Stand desk as a unit
- Sit/Stand desk top solution
1. Sit/Stand Desks
Here are some of the questions that need answering when looking for a sit/stand desk that will determine which option best suits your needs:
- Is the desk for home use?
- Is the desk for office use?
- Is the desk used by one person or more?
- Is the desk used by children?
- How many monitors will be used?
- What type of monitors, Mac or PC?
- Will a lap top be used or desktop?
- Do you have any recommendations from your chiropractor or other physician?
Here are some of the features that will help you make a decision:
- Single motor or twin motor? Single motor desks will have less features and are more ideal for home use. Twin motor desks have more options, such as greater range of heights adjustability and are able to manage a heavier load. Ideal for more than one monitor.
- Mobile or stationary? If the desk needs to be mobile then mobile options are available
- 2 Stage or 3 Stage? The 3 stage desk will have more height variability, so ideal for the height variations in people using the desk.
- Manual or Electric? Personal choice.
- Set up Memory? Do you prefer the desk has memory settings for different users? Find out how many settings are available.
- Frame finish and desk top finish? The frame can have different powder coated colour options on some desks. The desk top has more options in the colour finish.
2. Sit/Stand Desk Top Solution
If you need a sit/stand desk and already have a desk then the desk top solution is ideal.
Here are some of the features to be aware of when making your decision:
- Large or small work platform
- Separate keyboard tray
- Electronic or manual
- Ease of dest top movement up and down.
- Can the desk be moved from one side
- Tension variable for different computer/s weight
- Height variability
- Ease of assembly
DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS
Don’t despair, because the team at Sit and Stand Desks will help. The options above will help you be prepared for what is available. A great assistant will help marry your needs with the features in the different desks available.
There is an impressive array of chairs available that have wonderful lower back support. You need to try the chair that has the features you are looking for. If you are not sure what you need the staff will help to walk you through the options and see what’s best for you.
SPECIAL OFFER for OCTOBER & NOVEMBER 2019
10% off all products in their catalogue for the rest of October. So if you have been putting off getting that sit stand desk, then here are the details. Use code ‘chiro’ to get your discount.
1300 748 782
78 Maribyrnong Street Footscray VIC
Errol Street Chiropractic Centre
222 Errol St
North Melbourne 3051